The Custom Elevator Design Process
The process for the design of a custom home elevator begins with a realistic vision of what you want from a home elevator. There is a reason we say “realistic”. Do you want this custom elevator to be part of some massive home renovation project? Or do you want a custom-crafted home elevator that blends with the design and existing design and interior of your home? Once those questions have been answered, a clearer vision will begin to take shape.
The design process, when done correctly, has several steps. It starts with ideas. Those ideas are then translated to drawings. Architectural plans and design concepts are studied and reviewed to make sure they are in line with the customer’s vision. Once those ideas and drawings are approved, those ideas are then turned into a physical reality, in the form of a 3D model of the elevator. This presents the client with a realistic view of what the finished product will look like. This also allows the client to make adjustments before construction begins on the elevator.
A realistic timeline is also presented to the client. Creating a custom home elevator the right way takes time. It’s important for the client to understand the timeframe. It is also important that the client is updated and involved throughout the design and construction process, from start to finish. Home elevators can come in different models. Some elevators, often of the more traditional variety, will require a machine room in the home. Other models, such as vacuum elevators, will not require a machine room.
Understanding and being involved in the process is important for anyone considering a custom home elevator.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.