How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building
One big question owners and operators of commercial buildings have to ask is: “How many elevators are needed for this building?” The answer to that question depends on many factors.
First, there is math to be done. How many people will use the building? Figuring out the number of people that are going to use a building can admittedly be a tough calculation to get right. It’s all speculative and the decision might be based on things like how many businesses are calling the building home. An office building may need multiple elevators, especially if several businesses are in the building.
The estimated population of each business will be determined, partly, by the size of the business. The final estimation of the building population will help establish how many elevators should service the building. There should also be a determination on how long is an acceptable wait time for an elevator.
Passenger wait time is a big deal for elevators in office and commercial buildings. Many people are likely to be pressed for time. An elevators system can be designed to serve the highest number of people with longer wait times or a lesser number of people with shorter wait times.
There are also codes and regulations to consider. There are building codes, building inspections and safety guidelines to deal with and follow. Each additional elevator means another inspection.
After the determination of how many elevators are needed, focus will turn to the design of the elevators. There will be many options and designs to choose from, all in hopes of making the commercial building efficient and safe.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.