How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
Installing a custom elevator in your home can increase its value if you eventually decide to sell it. Having an elevator will make your home a more attractive option for buyers who may have limited mobility, such as senior citizens and individuals in wheelchairs, or for people who expect to eventually have their aging parents move in with them. By making your home accessible to anyone, you can attract a wider pool of potential buyers and command a higher price because your home will contain an important feature that many other homes lack.
A home elevator is a wise financial investment. While it can cost several thousand dollars, having an elevator in your home can pay for itself if you eventually decide to move out of your house and put it on the market. Not only will you be able to enjoy your entire house while you live there, but the elevator will become an attractive selling point distinguishing your home from the competition.
The American population is aging, and many senior citizens want to stay in their homes. As people plan for their retirement, many are preparing for a day when they will have trouble walking or climbing stairs. Those people may decide to invest in a home with a residential elevator so that they will be prepared for limited mobility in the future. If you install an elevator in your home, you can eventually sell it to someone who is thinking ahead and ask for a higher price than other homeowners can ask for houses without elevators.
Many middle-aged people are choosing to have their parents live with them if they are unable to stay in their homes and live independently. When you sell your home, you can target that group of people by explaining the virtues of having an elevator in the house to provide accessibility for older family members who may eventually live there.
Installing an elevator in your home is a wise practical and financial move. It will allow you to enjoy all of your house and, if you eventually decide to sell, it will enable you to appeal to buyers concerned about mobility and earn a higher price than you could if your home did not have an elevator.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
When you buy a custom elevator from Artisan Elevators, our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a new luxury lift that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with the selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator. To get an idea of our customized residential elevator prices, call and tell us what you have in mind today.