Can a Commercial Elevator be moved into Your Home?
Do you have a commercial elevator at your business that has outlived its usefulness? Do you have a home that could support a commercial elevator? Would you like to move your commercial elevator to your home?
Let’s be honest. This probably can’t be done. The good news is, you likely have plenty of residential elevators options. You can have a customized home elevator designed for your home.
One of the first decisions you need to make on the type of elevator for your home. Certain elevator types are just better for commercial buildings. Any type of elevator requires a certain amount of space. The amount of space needed for a home elevator can be determined by the size of the home and local codes and zoning regulations.
A hydraulic elevator is the type of elevator that can be used either in a home or small business. This elevator moves between floors via a hydraulic piston. This is a low-rise and low-speed elevator, so it is perfect for office building four floors or less or residential buildings that are six floors or less.
On the other hand, a pneumatic elevator, also known as a vacuum elevator, is a great choice for a home. These types of elevators do not require any machine room.
No matter what elevator you choose for your home, Artisan Elevators can help you design a custom elevator that fits perfectly to your home. Contact Artisan Elevators today to discuss your home elevator options, from the beginning of the architectural process to the end product.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
When you buy a custom elevator from Artisan Elevators, our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a new luxury lift that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with the selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator. To get an idea of our customized residential elevator prices, call and tell us what you have in mind today.