The Glass in Glass Elevators
When you make the choice to add a custom luxury elevator to your home, you’ve made the decision to add convenience, safety and reliability to your home. A customized home elevator means choosing the design that best fits your home. Being involved in the creative process of choosing a one-of-a-kind, hand built elevator is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
One of the more popular home elevator choices in recent years is the glass elevator. The view is special inside a glass elevator, even for a short ride inside a home. They are easy to install inside a home.
They are called glass elevators, but the transparent material that makes up the elevator cab’s exterior is not often technically glass. The panels are often manufactured from a clear polycarbonate. It closely resembles glass and makes it easier to classify the elevator as a “glass” elevator. It should be noted that real glass can be used in the building of a custom elevator. However, the overall cost of the elevator will be significantly higher.
Glass elevators can be cable-driven or pneumatic (vacuum-driven). The versatility and easier installation process associated with glass elevators makes these elevators offer a wonderful option for a customized home elevator.
Work with your home elevator company to design and a craft the perfect elevator for your home.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
When you buy a custom elevator from Artisan Elevators, our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a new luxury lift that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with the selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator. To get an idea of our customized residential elevator prices, call and tell us what you have in mind today.