The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
Choosing a luxury elevator is more than just deciding on a design and room location. It’s about knowing what makes a home elevator run and choosing the right mechanical design. There are many types of elevator choices for homes, and among those, hydraulic residential elevators are a safe and consistent option chosen by many homeowners.
Unlike many commercial elevators, a hydraulic residential elevator is not a cable-driven elevator system. The earliest hydraulic lift elevator used hydraulic plungers, underground cylinders, and manually operated water sources to elevate and lower the cab, but today’s home hydraulic elevator is powered by a piston that travels inside a cylinder. Electric motors deliver oil into cylinders to move the pistons in modern hydraulic residential elevators. The piston-powered system helps deliver a smooth ride that is perfect for a luxury home elevator.
The greatest advantage of hydraulic lifts for homes is safety. Because hydraulic elevators operate using pressure in a cylinder and not a motor or cables, as in other types of elevators, a power outage won’t leave you stuck as long in a hydraulic lift. For home installation in regions susceptible to natural disasters like hurricanes and earthquakes that might cut the power, this feature has particular value; you can manually lower the lift by releasing some of the oil inside the pistons if necessary.
While a hydraulic system does require more space and use more energy than a traction or pneumatic system, reliability gives it an edge, and newer technology continually improves its energy efficiency. Whether for commercial use or residential, hydraulic elevator systems are a solid mobility solution for your building. Hydraulic elevators are a great fit for homes that have at least three levels.
Artisan Elevators is ready to provide options for people ready to add a custom luxury elevator to their home. Once you decide on a hydraulic elevator, Artisan Elevators will work with you to create it: The process of creating a home luxury elevator is a partnership between Artisan Elevators and each homeowner, and throughout the design process, we will work beside you to create hydraulic lifts for home use that are exactly what you envision.
Contact Artisan Elevators to find out more about the process of creating a handcrafted luxury lift ot to get started designing your own.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
When you buy a custom elevator from Artisan Elevators, our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a new luxury lift that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with the selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator. To get an idea of our customized residential elevator prices, call and tell us what you have in mind today.