Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
If you are planning a custom luxury elevator for a home being built or under construction, it’s a must to inform the home contractor. Some contractors will have experience with home elevators and will be able to help you with the design of the room that will be home to the custom elevator.
The planning process for a custom home elevator is complex, but it does not have to be difficult. The design of the elevator should be geared toward what the finished product will look like.
This why Artisan Elevators works with customers to provide a 3-D model of their elevator before the actual elevator is finished. It allows the customer to get a truer sense of what the elevator will look like once it’s completed. The model shows the elevator from all angles. Such a model can also be helpful to a home contractor.
Again, a big part of the custom elevator design process will be deciding where the elevator will go in your home. This will help the home contractor lay out plans for the construction of the room. The elevator type will also be important. The most common types of home elevators are hydraulic elevators, winding drum elevators, machine traction drive elevators and vacuum elevator. The type of elevator you choose may also impact the way the room is built.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
When you buy a custom elevator from Artisan Elevators, our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a new luxury lift that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with the selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator. To get an idea of our customized residential elevator prices, call and tell us what you have in mind today.