Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
Winding drum elevators were popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries in commercial buildings. One of the basic questions you’ll ask when considering a home elevator is this: “Will an elevator increase the value of my home?”
The obvious answer is “yes”, yet it is still important to understand how and why a residential elevator can increase a home’s value.
In a luxury home, a custom luxury elevator can be a tremendous selling point. We may all have our own definitions on what constitutes a luxury home so let’s go on the premise that this would be a home that would, at minimum, list for high six figures.
This does not mean that only these types of homes can benefit from a home elevator. Multi-family homes have become more common over the last several decades. There was a time when home elevators were simply for wealthy homeowners in big, fancy houses. That is no longer the case. These days, there are many elevators that are designed strictly for residential purposes and can be added to home with minimal construction.
Housing developers are also seeing how elevators can add value to a home. The homes are attractive to people who have mobility issues yet still want the size, space and freedom provided by a multi-family home. As the population ages, buyers, sellers and contractors are seeing the value of home elevators.
Artisan Elevators also understands how an elevator can add value to a home. Artisan can design a custom luxury elevator to fit the needs of your specific luxury home. One of the big pluses of a custom luxury elevator is the ability of the elevator to blend into your home. Contact Artisan Elevators today to find out how we work with you through every step of the design and installation process.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
When you buy a custom elevator from Artisan Elevators, our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a new luxury lift that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with the selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator. To get an idea of our customized residential elevator prices, call and tell us what you have in mind today.