Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
The possibilities for designing a custom elevator appear endless. Or, are they? Rather than get carried away or feel yourself restricted by limitations, consider the following tips:
One of the best tips to keep in mind when thinking about installing an home elevator is to make certain that the manufacture of the elevator, the contractor, and the homeowner are all on the same page. In order to make sure that there are no delays or mistakes, then all three parties should have regular meetings and conference calls. Just like with adding an addition onto a home or installing a new pool, getting a custom home elevator can prove to be just as exhausting as it is thrilling.
2. What About Décor?
Another helpful hint about installing a home elevator would be to make sure that the type of elevator fits the décor of the home. There are just as many different types of lifts as there are different interior designs of homes. Over the course of the last quarter of a century, there have been numerous innovations along with cost lowering inventions that have drastically reduced the price of a residential home elevator. One of the best innovations is the pneumatic elevator; moreover, this type of lift can be installed in a relatively short period of time. There are glass elevators, completely customized lifts, elevators that are designed for use outdoors and even lifts that are designed to transport large weight loads. Instead of installing an ungainly stair-lift or having to physically carry a disabled family member up and down a flight of stairs, a properly installed and stylish pneumatic elevator is a convenient amenity to have in a home.
3. Think About Value
A residential glass elevator will also help in improving the resale value of a home. In the toughest housing market in years, every unique stylish amenity can help prevent a house from not selling in a timely fashion.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.